I COULDN'T SLEEP. I had major insomnia during this most recent full moon. It *could have* been the full moon.Read More
Filtering by Category: bits of randomness
I AM THE MOST CREATIVE WHEN:
- my mind is clear, and I am not stressing out on a gazillion things
- it is late at night (night owl)
- I've had a glass of wine or two
- I am listening to good tunes
- I've been inspired by another person or movie or story
- when I have my camera in my hand
- hiking or being surrounded by nature (new ideas flow)
- I've had a good session of surfing (energized, fresh outlook)
- I am just plain bored and need to wake my mind up!
WHEN ARE YOU THE MOST CREATIVE?
LEAVE A REPLY IN THE COMMENTS BELOW, OR JOIN THE FUN OVER ON FACEBOOK...CHEERS!
But I'm not that lazy. I worked, too. Brendon and I have been brewing up some plans for our professional lives (which is why we are in Bali, in the first place), and we are very excited for the things to come. I'm not a psychic or anything, but I see wonderful things for our future. I don't know how or when it will all come together, but we are figuring it out and feel very inspired. More importantly, we hope we can help and inspire others along the way...
...but for realzies. I am trying to catch up on the last three Weekly Photo Challenges:
And, yes, I realize (for all of you wordpressers) that these challenges are waaaaaay past due. But I've been slammed to the max. Also, advanced apologies to my fellow subscribers, but I will be spamming you with one lovely photo a day throughout the weekend - each based upon the themes above. Yay, for you! (Don't get too excited). Have a fantastic weekend...Peace out-xo
So I spent the afternoon looking for a new sketchbook...geeeeez, do you know how hard it is to find the 'perfect' sketchbook for all occasions? I've been searching for days on end, scouring shelves and shelves stacked with an endless variety of sketchbooks. You'd think I'd find something. And it's also kind of silly, considering I've already more than one sketchbook (although, they do serve different purposes):
- one intimate bedside/dream journal for end-of-the-day reflections and rants and for quick morning sketches of ethereal dreams remembered upon waking
- a medium-sized sketchbook for lesson planning/prepping for art classes and other random design projects
- a perfectly-petite travel/pocket sketchbook to catch random creative spurts that stream out of my brain case. You can find it laying around in random places, like on the coffee table, on the kitchen table, in the office...(not the bathroom, though).
- and then there's the random loose-leaf sketches: perhaps on a scratch piece of paper; on a crinkled napkin, or two; or from a spiral-torn, colleged-ruled notebook. All, of course, loosely stuffed into any of the above-mentioned journals...
thanks for the motivation, wordpress. because i needed it. badly. i am a super lagger. (for those of you who have absolutely no clue about what i am talking about: wordpress bloggers receive daily/weekly prompts as an inspiration for writing, especially if we happen to get stuck). well, i'm stuck. kind of. i have been behind on my blogging. why?
because of work. school. time. deadlines. mini-trips. making silly short skits with goofy friends that i'm not supposed to show to anyone (a.k.a. blackmail material). art projects. dance projects. taking care of my husband and puppymonster. life. (uuuummm what other excuse can i possibly come up with?)
oh yeah, i've been cooking. a lot. so that takes up most of my spare time. you know, the prepping and all...we've been juicing more, too. it cancels out the beer.
other than that, i've got nothing...except for the other stuff that i have been busy with. maybe i'll post pictures of that one day. in fact, i will. soon, hopefully.
and maybe i'll even stop this not-capitalizing-my-sentences business. lucky you!